05 March 2011

Relaxer Results and Beauty Supply Haul

Even though it was intimidating as hell (because of all that can go wrong), my girlfriend and I did the relaxer the other night.


Oh my goodness, the difference in her hair. Girlfriend has crazy curls, but to be on the safe side she got the regular strength instead of super strength. 

There are some good and bad points to this system:

Bad:

- You have to move fast. The owner of the beauty supply store gave me some tips after the fact, but going into this blind it was very difficult. The easiest way (according to both the instructions and the owner of the supply shop) was dividing into four quarters, two in front and two in back, and then working from the back to the front since the back has a thicker and kinkier texture than the hair in the front. I did manage to do it, but I went way over the 8 minutes that the instructions gave me.

- Not enough smoothing time if you aren't quick with that application. 

- Will strip out hair color. Relax first and then color, ladies!

Good:

- The smell. The smell was so pleasant it didn't feel like we were working with chemicals at all. 

- Easy to mix. While all of those bottles seem daunting, it was insanely easy to mix everything together. After everything was mixed, the smell got even better. 

- Great texture that made application easy peasy, save for the time issues. 

- The included leave in conditioner. It left girlfriend's hair so soft and silky. 

I'd definitely recommend this product to someone looking to relax their hair without all of the lye and funk that you find in many relaxers. Her hair has been amazing since we did it. It's not bone straight like mine is, but it's not curly anymore. It's got a gentle wave to it, something that just happens on it's own. No need to blow dry or flat iron. 

It's been a few days since the relaxing experience, and I've since been to the supply store myself. Since I got paid recently, I decided a little spoilage was in order. For under $30 I managed to get: 

- Two combs, one wide tooth and one rat tail
- Three hair color application brushes
- 3 sided shape, buff, and shine block
- Two headbands
- 200 bobby pins
- A tub of Cantu Break Cure 
And my favorite find of the day: 

OPI Nail Lacquer in Aphrodite's Pink Nightie

I have been cleaning all day long, including doing things where my hands and nails take some damage, and I'm yet to chip this polish. It went on extremely smooth in just two swipes per coat and dried much faster than I had anticipated. One coat offered a lovely sheer pink, but two makes the pink totally pop

I adore the way it looks on my skin tone. I have issues finding soft colors that look good with my skin, so finding this made my day. 

Please pardon my Skeletor hands!
Finally having someone to go out and do girly things with has totally turned me around on how I do things. Now I'm not fond of going out without even the lightest touch of mascara, or going to work without my hair being done. 

Who knew that being a girl was this damn fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...