16 October 2012

Song(s) of the Night

Got some more tunes for the night for you, lovelies.

Tonight is a bit of a three for one special - I've been listening to Placebo and David Bowie a lot lately. David Bowie has always been an inspiration to me because of how versatile he is. I grew up listening to his music with my father, and wanting to be Ziggy Stardust. I love his transformations, his music, and - being frank - the man is damn sexy. When I read through Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles I could see him in my mind as the perfect Lestat.

So I begin with one of my favorite Bowie songs, Let's Dance. Every time I hear it on the radio I blast it and sing it like a madwoman, not giving a damn about who is watching me. I have a rule in my car: if David Bowie is playing, you shut the hell up. Period.


I've always loved Placebo as well, from the moment I heard the song Pure Morning on 103.1 The Buzz  in 1998. I played the album Without You I'm Nothing so much that I finally wore out the disc. Brian Molko used to be one of my biggest fashion inspirations. He is so androgynous, something I've always fancied, that I tried my damndest to be like him fashion wise. 

My song for them tonight is Taste In Men, off of the Sleeping With Ghosts album. 


Now, the cherry on top, both Placebo and David Bowie performing Without You I'm Nothing live. This has to be one of my all time favorite songs period. I love the lyrics, I love the music, and I love it even more when two of my favorite artists team up to sing one of my all time favorite songs.


I'm off now to continue my nightly medicine routine to help kick this sinusitis. So far the z-pak has helped kill some of the breathing issues, and the nasal spray has only made my poor abused schnoz bleed even more. The cough syrup is the color of antifreeze that would go in a car, and the muscle relaxers for my TMJ make me go to sleep. This week is going to be one big blur.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...