22 November 2012

Being Thankful

For those of you lovelies living here in the United States, I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! I know I'm totally stuffed. This year I did my very first Thanksgiving dinner all on my own. While I was a bit disappointed that I didn't have the turnout of guests that I had anticipated, I am very happy that I did have my brother in law come with his family. Their boys loved my cooking! This has been, by far, the best Thanksgiving ever, even though I didn't have my entire family with me.

It is crazy how many people just spend this month or this particular day counting their blessings and what they are thankful for. Even I don't sit down daily and count the things that I am thankful for, I just go about my day as usual. While I may not have much, I am very grateful for what I do have, and the people that I'm surrounded by. I have had a lot of terrible things happen over the last year, things that I have learned from, and I've survived and become a stronger person in the end.

I'm thankful for my family, blood relations or not. I'm thankful for the fact that I've got friends that are close enough to be family, that we take care of each other like family.

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, even if it isn't the best looking place on the planet; I'm thankful that I have food to sustain me; I'm thankful that I have a piece of shit car that is ugly but gets me from point A to point B; I'm thankful that I have a job in this terrible economy, even if it does feel like I'm running a daycare center at times. 

I'm thankful for my fur babies and my feathered baby.

I'm thankful for my 25 followers. 

No matter how you look at it, I believe that I'm blessed. There are so many people out there that don't have, that didn't have a Thanksgiving dinner this evening, that don't have a roof over their head or all of the luxuries that so many take for granted. I grew up quite poor, though I was always happy. My mother always taught me that things don't make the person, that we don't need material things to be happy. Sure, they make life better, but do we really need them?

 I'm off to do pilates now to work off dinner. That brings me to another thing that I'm thankful for - Blogilates!

I hope you all have a wonderful evening. Don't forget to count your blessings. Every day on this planet is what you make it, so make it awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...