22 February 2015

Pitbulls Are A Girl's Best Friend

Those who have been following me for a while will know that I have pitbulls. We have five total in our kennel (BrickHouse-Blues Pitbulls) that my boyfriend runs, two of them were bred in cooperation with Triplephee-nix Pitbulls. That's actually where I broke my ankle the night my baby was born!

Today I uploaded some videos that I had on my phone from probably a year ago, of my babies, and I wanted to share them with all of you!

So many people have such bad feelings about pitbulls.

Here is a short video about their history, and why many people do feel the way they do about them.


It's a sad fact that people still use them to fight and as bait dogs. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever change. There will always be bad people that just don't deserve a place on this planet. 

Many cities have banned them because they fear they are dangerous animals, though those breed bans almost never do anything for dog bite or fight statistics. 

Just like the "war on drugs", breed specific legislation is just a bunch of words that people aren't going to give a shiz about. If someone wants to do something bad enough, they are going to do it. 

Enough about that - I can get into breed specific legislation laws and never stop ranting, it makes me that mad. My dog is a member of my family, my family is my world. Don't tell me that my baby is dangerous. 

Hopefully you've watched the video above. Now I want to introduce you to two of my babies!



This is Autumn and Sherman at about seven months old, give or take. That is my boyfriend playing with them. 

I have been feeling really nostalgic today looking at their baby pictures, and I want to share those with you, too. 


They were six weeks old in this picture. Autumn is on the far left, and Sherman is in the back with the red collar. That is how you can tell our puppies in the litter, they have the bright red collars. 


This is one of my favorites. Autumn always likes to be the center of attention! After initially picking her out, this was the first picture I'd seen of her since. I was injured and unable to drive at the time so I had to hear about her growing up from the kennel owner. 


Here, Autumn is smooshed up in the top right, trying to get into the shot. The one below is her brother Tank. Serving face!


Again, Autumn is on the far left. When she was a puppy, she would pose like it was no one's business. Now she does it on command!


Pile o Puppies, probably three weeks old. 


I want to say this was Autumn at a day or two old, but I am really not sure. I was in the hospital at the time so I didn't get to see them when they were that small. 



Here they are, maybe a month old. Blas chose Sherman because he was the first male born. I chose Autumn because she was the only puppy that didn't squeal when I picked her up. Incidentally, she was the last born and the runt. Sherman's little tongue cracked me up!

What was beautiful is after we put them back down in the basket, they automatically moved toward each other and curled up together. That is when we truly knew that those two were our dogs. 


This is us at 8 weeks, a few days before we brought them home. I was still in a walking cast and so happy to have her in my arms finally. She cried when I put her down and it absolutely broke my heart. 

Two years later, we have this: 



Here she is posing. We had to take a similar shot when she was 9 weeks old to send to the APBR to get her registered and get her lineage papers. I think we had almost 20 shots of just her in different stages of motion. If her head was positioned higher, that would be damn near perfect show stance. 


We ended up out in the grass, soaking in the sun. 


Sherman was being particularly uncooperative today. He's generally very photogenic and loves the camera. Today? Nope. 


I had to hug him to get him to even look at the camera. Pardon makeupless chubby face and almost popping out weird shaped boob.


This was the only pose he would do for me. When he poses, he poses. He's such a handsome boy!


If you've stuck with me this long, thank you for taking the time to look at my babies! If you had any negative connotations about pitbulls, I hope you take a bit to reevaluate your opinion on these guys. I always get so angry when someone swears that pitbulls are bad dogs. Generally these people are people who haven't ever met one!

Autumn is my best friend, my protector, my baby. I haven't gone a day without her at my side for the last two years. It's been the most rewarding animal relationship I've ever had. There has been a bit of a learning curve since this is my first time owning a larger breed dog. I've lost many a pair of shoes to my dogs, countless television remotes, and a PS3 controller, but I wouldn't trade all of the crazy things that have happened for the world. I can't put into words how much having these dogs has enriched my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...