28 February 2015

Song of the Night

Tonight's song is a little late. My boyfriend's eldest son came by and we hung out and talked for a bit. I haven't seen him in months, so it was nice to just chill.

I have always loved Ice Cube. I've always enjoyed his voice and style. I also like that he does things with a message. The images in this video may be disturbing to some, but it goes perfectly with the things he's talking about, people blaming "violent" music for the problems of the world. This doesn't only go for rap, but also for artists like Marilyn Manson. It's always so much easier to try and blame something like music or violent video games for someone's cruel actions instead of making that person accountable. I was a kick ass sniper in Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 when I was a kid, but now the only thing I sharpshoot is nature with my camera. I also played The Legend of Zelda, but you don't see me out there breaking my neighbor's pottery and mowing their lawns with a damn broadsword.

I'm going to get off of my soapbox now.

Enjoy tonight's song, and have an excellent Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...