13 April 2015

Holy Grail Lipstick: Tatcha Kyoto Red

I'm generally not a huge lip product girl, but when I got an email newsletter from Tatcha announcing their Kyoto Red, I knew I had to have it. Throw in limited edition, and I'm like a raven darting toward something shiny - I want it and I want it now, haha!

I ordered it on Saturday night, and it got here on  Monday. Talk about fast service!

When it got here, it was this massive box. Unboxing is always one of my favorite parts of getting a product in the mail. 

This is what was inside. 


(Forewarning: this post is extremely picture heavy, mainly because I felt so pretty I kept snapping pictures of myself left and right.)

There were also some free samples that I ordered along with the lipstick.

I was blown away by how heavy the box was, though I'm glad it was packaged like that to prevent any sort of damage in the mail. I spent $55 on this, so if it had come damaged I would have been an unhappy Vonnie. 


The tube itself reminds me of some of the old fashioned lipsticks that my great grandmother used to use. I can remember seeing absolutely ancient makeup products on her dresser, her special things that didn't come out until we had a special occasion. While she was a woman that never left the house without her "face", there were special things for special days that were only worn on those special days. She saved regular makeup for things like getting the mail! (Yes, my great grandmother wouldn't go to the mailbox unless her face was done)

It's actually really heavy, the lid anyway.


Then comes to the work of beauty: the silk infused Kyoto Red lipstick. It was love at first sight. I waited just long enough to take these pictures before I put it on. 


Then I cam whored. 


A lot.


More than probably necessary.



Obligatory outside picture. I love how vibrant this shade looks in the sun!


I got photobombed by my boyfriend, who was headed to work.



Then I went inside for some puppy love!


Not the best picture, but this is a good four or five hours after application, after eating and drinking. 


The staying power of this lipstick blew me away. 

It is a matte vermillion red, inspired by the Geisha (as is the entire line of Tatcha products). This baby is a limited edition, I have no idea how long it will be before they sell out. If you follow the link at the top of this post, it will lead you right to the website where you can get it. 

The customer service is excellent and the buying process is very easy. I even got a lovely hand written note on my invoice, which I thought was a sweet little touch. Victoria Tsai, the founder of the company, seems like such a lovely woman. I'd love to sit with her and just learn all of the things she's learned about skin care over the years!

You also get to choose three free samples of their top of the line skin creams.  

I chose the Moisture Rich Silk Cream (which is amazing, btw, just very out of my price range at $150), the Enriching Renewal Cream, and Soothing Renewal Treatment. I hate that the prices are so high, but you are paying for some serious quality. Tatcha is top of the line in every sense of the word. 

If you've made it through this post, yay! It's quite long and wordy, so you deserve something fun for making it this far XD

Enjoy this adorable video of this sweet little girl ^_^ 


Have a lovely night, everyone!



6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Tatcha, but the color is very pretty (and so is the packaging). I'd never be able to rock that sorta red, but I think it works very nicely for you since you have quite a geisha-like complexion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatcha is amazing. The only reason I haven't fully invested in their skin care is because of the price. Just the travel size of that $150 cream is $33, and that is an extremely small amount.

      Tatcha was created around the beauty rituals of the geisha, and designed to be very gentle. That's what I love about the company - very few ingredients go into their products, and the ones that make the cut are top of the line. Most of the products seem to be silk infused. I'm kind of in love with the moisture rich silk cream now because even just using that sample, my skin feels amazing this morning. I've got pretty oily skin and I'm oil free this morning. I may break down and buy the travel size and see how long I can make it stretch!

      Honey, you could rock that red! I didn't think I would be able to either. Just having it on gave me this sense of self confidence that I never knew I had in me! I think you'd look great with a red like that ^_^

      Delete
  2. oh wow, the packaging looks so great, and the color looks nice =)

    www.heykasumi.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't think I would be able to get away with a red like that, but it makes me feel so beautiful!

      Delete
  3. The packagking is so cool!! Even the bullet~~
    The colour is really pretty too!!! I don't actually own a red lipstick, but now I really want one! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how everything came packaged! Tatcha spares no expense :)

      You should get one! I like this one because it is a universally flattering color because it has both cool and warm hues. Finding a good red can take a while since there are so many different hues. With a little time, you should be able to find the perfect shade for you!

      Delete

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...