03 April 2015

[Review] Vita Sciences Maxasorb Vitamin B12 Cream

Upon suggestion of my doctor, I've started taking B-12 supplements. I've always had issues with being tired all the time, and pretty weak, between the different illnesses I've experienced and flat out not eating properly. 

B-12 is a pretty vital nutrient that helps keeps your body's cells healthy, and helps make DNA. You can find it beef, fish, eggs, and dairy products. You can also find it in a lot of fortified cereals and processed foods, something I tend to stay away from. I feel the more processed a food product is, the worse it is for you. 

Your body needs B12 for energy, in addition to the great things it does for you on the cellular level.

Rather than get the B12 injections like my doctor suggested (I hate needles unless it's IV), I decided to try taking the pills, which you can get at any pharmacy or health food store. Then came another problem; all of the pills I already take for my illness combined with the vitamins I had put myself on made my digestive system go absolutely bonkers. (For those of you who don't know, when you take muscle relaxers or opiates and other lovely things like that, you will get constipated. It's not a possibility, it's an unfortunate fact. Think about your worst period cramps ever, from abdomen all the way across your lower back. Then make them last for weeks on end rather than that one week when Aunt Flo comes to visit. That is what I generally experience at any given moment.)

I knew there had to be a better way. 

Thanks to Brand Backer, I've been able to take one less vitamin because now I can absorb it through my skin!





I hate to go all 90's on this, but this stuff is the bomb dot com.

Rather than having to take a tablet to get your daily amount of B12, you just apply this lotion and it absorbs through your skin! 

Each application gives you a full 320 micrograms of B12 (methylcobalamin) plus 120 micrograms of Vitaman B2 (or Niacin) and 10 micrograms of Folate.

You get this through two full pumps of lotion. 

Just look at all of those natural ingredients. That is something else that attracted me to this product. I already put enough terrible medicine into my body, so I prefer the other things I use to be as natural as possible. Nature baby, all the way!

 

Another bonus? It's formulated without Parabens! 


This is the pump of the bottle. With each full pump, you deliver a precise amount of the lotion that you need to make up your daily dosages. 



As you can see on my foot, it's a pretty pink lotion. It almost smells like foot lotion to me because of the peppermint oil, it delivers such  a nice minty fresh scent, so I do one pump for each foot and then cover them with socks. 

As you can see, I need a pedi pronto!

This lotion is non greasy, another perk, and absorbs very fast. Another thing I like? It's hypoallergenic. I have problems with some products because they make my skin go haywire. I have had no problems with this product at all, unless you count having enough energy to clean my house from top to bottom and run circles around my children an adverse side effect!

You can use this lotion anywhere for all sorts of purposes, from fighting wrinkles (thanks to the great powers of B12 for cellular regeneration) to just getting your B12 supplement for the day. 

Since using it, I've found that I have even more energy than I did when I was only taking the tablets. I think this is because it absorbs right into your skin and gets right into your bloodstream instead of having to go through your digestive system. This is just a hypothesis, though! 

Visit their website, vitasciences.com to find this and a plethora of other lotions and supplements. They even have a melatonin lotion! I think that may be the next thing I try!



Disclosure: I received this product for review purposes through Brand Backer. I received no other compensation other than the sample to try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...