04 May 2015

Better Sleep With Vita Sciences Maxasorb Melatonin Cream

A solid night's sleep is always difficult for me to attain. Ever since I started on a medication regimen I have issues with waking up during the night. I have never had such problems. 

My therapist recommended melatonin, so I tried it in the pill form. I hated having one more pill to add to my nightly routine. (Too many pills equals constipation. True story.) I also did not feel that I was experiencing optimum results. 

I even asked my doctor for a sleeping medication but she would only recommend Benadryl, an allergy medication that would clash with my muscle relaxer I take at night for my TMJ. 

Once again, Vita Sciences came to the rescue with their Maxasorb Melatonin Cream


A few months ago I did a review for their Vitamin B12 cream and I loved it. It was one less vitamin for me to take, and application was easy.

The application of this product is just as easy! One pump, rub in and done.

This is what the bottle looks like. You should be able to enlarge the pictures to read all of the fine print if you desire to.


 As you can see, the bottle looks very much like that of the B12 cream, only with melatonin. 

Let's get a little sciencey for a minute. 

What is melatonin? 

Melatonin can be found in just about everything, from fungi to plants, and us (animals) as well. It is a natural hormone that, in animals, is secreted by the pineal gland. Our bodies even release different amounts due to seasonal changes. Cool, huh?  

When it is released into our bodies, generally naturally, it makes us anticipate the onset of darkness. It is involved in the synchronization of our circadian rhythms, which includes everything from the regulation of blood pressure, seasonal reproduction (in animals) and, the most fun of all, sleep.

Did you know that it's also a powerful antioxidant? It works with other antioxidants in the body to  kicks free radicals to the curb. And your body makes this stuff all on it's own.

Unfortunately, sometimes it needs a little boost, which is why we have lovely products like this one to give it that extra little leg up to make our sleepy time a happy time.

Studies show that it also increases vivid dreaming! This I can vouch for - when I take melatonin, I have the strangest dreams!



This is what the cream looks like on my leg. 

That little bit is very quick absorbing, and left the area where I applied it super soft. The only thing that I don't like is the smell, but it's not all that bad. It just smells a little medicinal. 

All you need is one pump to distribute the three milligram dose. For those under doctor supervision, you could probably up the dose to suit your own personal needs, just contact your physician before diagnosing yourself with any illness!

This product is a total toot on my scale of toot and boot. It works just as described, it's extremely easy to use. Just slather on one pump and off to happy sleepyland you go. 

Thank you very much BrandBacker and Vita Sciences for giving me the opportunity to review this cream, and for the lovely nights of sleep!



Disclosure: I received this product complimentary for review purposes only. All opinions in this post are my own, and all of the science can quickly be found online.

10 comments:

  1. It looks great! These weeks I have problems for sleep so it sounds good =)
    Thanks baby
    Kisses from Spain and have a nice week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really give it a try, or even just a regular supplement. It will work wonders for you. Also, no caffeine after noon! It can stay in your system for hours and effect your sleep at night ^^

      V.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is. If you have issues with sleep, this is a natural way to handle the problem :)

      Delete
  3. Oh very interesting product, the brand is new for me and has so many good properties.
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. They have so many different creams with vitamins in them that if you got them all you probably wouldn't have to take a vitamin again!

      Delete
  4. New follower here, you have a really lovely blog!

    PS: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog with blippo they are the same store that do the kawaii box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love new readers! Thank you very much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de
    Gewinne ein 925er Silberarmband und ein Reinigungschaum von Shiseido auf meinen Blog.
    Win a 925 silver bracelet and a gentle cleanser by Shiseido on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed back, dear! I love your style. It's so cool!

      Delete

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...