03 May 2015

My Konjac Sponge: Gateway to Clearer Skin

In my battle for clearer skin, I've tried so many different products. Very few products have worked as promised, especially sponges and other cleaners that use something other than just plain soap. I've even tried those brushes that spin. It ended up tearing up my face.

For a while there I thought I was doomed to have skin with constant blemishes. Even with the Garnier charcoal face wash I was using, I was still getting minor breakouts, especially toward that time of the month. And I thought I had that taken care of. *sigh*

The solution was the MY Konjac Sponge.


I was incredibly impressed with the performance of this sponge. Let me tell you, I was crazy skeptical at first. 

This product is infused with bamboo charcoal, another thing I am really enjoying in my skin products right now. It zaps oil and cleans out your pores. 


In the first picture, this sponge is hard as a rock. I immediately got worried. My boyfriend joked that it felt like something they would scrub their pots with at work. You can see how it looked in the picture on the left below.

The moment I got it wet, it swelled up to twice the size it was dry and became very soft and squishy. The right picture is after getting it wet.



One of the things I love about this sponge is it is hypoallergenic. My skin reacts to a lot of products so there is a little bit of worry when I try something new. I went into this knowing that it would not harm my skin. It's also free of scent, and not tested on animals (yay!). For the curious, this is also a vegan product, as it is all fibers from the konjac plant. 

It's crazy easy to use. Just get it wet and then squeeze it out once it's nice and plush. You can either use it by itself or with a facial cleanser. Scrub your face in little circles until you've finished your routine. I've done it with both and had lovely results. Once you're done, rinse it out and hang it to dry with the handy little string that is attached to the top.

It is perfectly angled so you can get into those little nooks and crannies around your nose. 

If taken care of properly, then this sponge should last you two to three months. It's important to sanitize it once in a while because of all of the gunk you are cleaning off of your face is going to get caught in the sponge, there is no way around that. To do it all you have to do is place it in a bowl of water and microwave it for one minute and thirty seconds, or you can boil it for two minutes. 

Easy peasy. 

Unlike a lot of other products that exfoliate, this is safe for daily use. I felt smoother skin after the first use, and it was amazing. Integrated into my usual skincare routine of face wash and oils, my skin has been looking fantastic. 

They also have an Instagram page that has a lot of cool photos of their sponges. They have many different sponges to suit each skin type, including one you can use on baby!

To get your own sponge, follow the link in the top of this post to see if you can find the right MY Konjac Sponge for your skin type ^^

Disclosure: I was given this product for review purposes. All views are my own. 



3 comments:

  1. Cool! Wish I could try out one of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it's not the same brand, this site (http://www.konjacspongecompany.com/) sells sponges exactly like the one I have. I was reading up on them and they will ship to Malaysia! The prices are very good, too.

      Delete
  2. I've heard about these :) ive seen different types of them too! i'll have to try it one day, it seems promising

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...