20 July 2015

A Few Of My Favorite Things: July

I'm still laid up in bed, still coughing my little goo-babies. I've had so many ideas go through my head, I just lack the energy to execute them! Today I actually cleaned the house some more after getting into an argument with my mother this morning (like I'm not going to defend my kids when she says something rotten about them!) and talked with my step-son about rearranging his room so he has a little hidey hole cubby thing so he can have some alone time from his little brother, with whom he shares the bedroom. Pics will definitely follow after we do that. 

For now, I want to share with you my favorite things from July! I know, we're only 20 days in. I still have some things that have been amazing to me this month!

First thing I'm in love with: 


This is by Tony Moly and is a cute little lip gloss.
It's a little blueberry, so I was surprised to see when the product itself was pinkish.


In addition to a sweet smell and a hint of color, this is an SPF 15. Can't ever neglect the lips when it comes to sun care!

The only downside to this is it's a pain if you have long nails. What luck one of my nails breaks the day I receive it so I can use it straight away XD

This keeps your lips very hydrated on hot summer days. It's been my go to because it fits so easily into my bag, and it's just so damn cute to pull out a blueberry when I need a little lip hydration. 

You can find this at Beauteque for $11, though I received this as a part of their Head to Toe Fun In the Sun bag. 


Keeping in the mood of summer skin care, my next favorite!


This mineral sunblock is from innisfree and has to be one of the best I've used in years. 

While it's only SPF 35, I love the way it feels on my skin. Rather than leave my face feeling slightly oily, it leaves a lovely soft finish, almost velvety. 

I wore this to a family event on the fourth of July and had not even the first hint of redness. Any other time I would have been fried after being outside all day. 

This product is the ultimate toot, best sunscreen I've ever used. 

I found this at w2beauty for $13.95.


That doesn't mean I don't screw up every now and again. 

Then comes in this:


In this fantastic phallic tube is an fantastic gel from Ostia. 

Living in Florida, after sun gel is nothing new for me. It's a thing that's in just about everyone's arsenal for after sun. 

The difference between that aloe based product and this is it is not at all sticky. It leaves no residue at all. 


As you can see, it's also completely clear. 

I went outside yesterday in hopes that the fresh air would help me get better faster and got a little burn on my shoulders. I put it on before bed and this morning I had no irritation at all, no sign of a burn at all other than a touch of redness. 

It's also very quick absorbing with a light cucumber smell. My skin has been left feeling very soft and soothed beyond what conventional after sun gels would do. 

TIP: Keep this, or any other after sun gel, in the refrigerator. It feels so much better putting already cold gel on your sunburned skin than it does room temperature product.

This came in my Beauteque Fun in the Sun bag, I've yet to find a place that sells this by itself.


My go to moisturizer this summer has been the Holika Holika Aqua Fantasy cream. 

Hey, look, you can see some of my room in the lid!

This moisturizer is a gel like rather than cream like it says on the tub. It's got a very soothing scent and absorbs quickly. 

It also has mineral properties that help to keep moisture in the skin. 

Unlike a lot of moisturizers I have, it doesn't leave a heavy feeling on my face. During the summer I sweat off my creams so quickly. This doesn't feel heavy. It doesn't make me feel like I've got a ton of product on my face. That right there makes this my summer go to product. I've been using it since May and have not had any issues with it at all. 


I've been thinking about storing this in the refrigerator, too, so it's nice and cool when it goes on, I just don't know if it will be good for the product. 

Do you put your face creams in the refrigerator during the summer? 

This can be found at Beauteque for $26.


My most recent favorite cleanser has been the Creme-Mousse Confort from Lancome.


This cream foam wash has been a lifesaver to my skin this summer. I have combination skin, and the dry areas get really dry. This has helped those areas stay calm while not letting the oily areas get out of control. 


When it comes out of the tube it's a lovely rose color and rose scented cream. Add a little water and rub your hands together and it makes a foam that is so soothing. 

It is extremely gentle all while getting all of the day's funk off of your face. 

I generally use this after a cleansing oil if I have worn makeup that day, or alone if I've only used basic things like moisturizer and sunblock.

This retails at $25, though mine was a gift. I do believe you can grab a tube anywhere where Lancome products are sold. 


To end my skincare favorites is the Chica y Chico Beta Salic 2.0 cream. 


It's an exfoliating cream that will get rid of your blackheads as well as diminish any dark spots, wrinkles, and pores. You can see a more in depth review of this product in one of my previous posts dedicated to just this product.

You can find this baby on Wishtrend.


No on to one of my favorite things of all: my summer makeup!

I've been using my BB cushion from Too Cool For School as my base, I've just switched up to some more bright additions.  



I've been all about the It's Skin Babyface line. The blusher, in shade 2, has been so much fun to use. 


I really wish that the color really came through in pictures like it does in person. 

You can see a full post with swatches here


I was recently introduced to the Babyface waterproof eyeliner. I got this in the Fun in the Sun bag from Beauteque and I've been in love with it.


I decided to get it in brown because I actually didn't have any brown liner at all. 

It goes on extremely smooth, something I prefer in a liner. It's actually why I shy away from pencils and use strictly liquid or gel.


This stuff definitely lives up to the waterproof name. 

Once it is on, it Does. Not. Budge. 

I sat there and scrubbed on it with just a dry finger. It didn't go anywhere. 

Did the same with a finger damp with water. Nada. 

It took me having to scrub it off with a wipe before it went anywhere. 

Definite toot!


For lips it's my Etude House Dear My Wish Lips - Talk in Pk003, which is their darkest pink.


I did two quick arm swatches, though I did the full lip in my Etude House Haul post.

This is without flash.


And with flash.



 The thing I love the most about this lipstick is how smoothly it goes on. It doesn't take much at all to have a bold lip. You don't have to build, though you can if you wish. It's very vibrant straight from the tube.

The glossiness actually comes from Vegetable Squalane, which also keeps lips moisturized. 

To me, it's almost like this lipstick is more of a gel formula than your traditional stick lipstick. 

 It's also got amazing staying power, which you wouldn't think since it's so gel like and goes on so smooth. I figured it would come off pretty quickly - nope!

That's why it's a favorite for summer: I don't sweat it off.


Since I do have combination skin, I tend to get pretty oily in my T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin). Blotting papers have been a staple in my purse since I was a teenager. 

First I used Clean and Clear's sheets since they were inexpensive and my mom didn't mind buying them for little teenage me. 

For those who haven't used the Clean and Clear sheets, they aren't even paper. They are kind of rubbery feeling, honestly. They are coated with a powder that absorbs the oil, leaving a transparent sheet behind. 

Then I found a product called Rice Paper from Sally Beauty Supply, but those have powder on them in the color of your foundation. That isn't bad, but sometimes, you don't want to end up with extra color. 

Then, thanks to Beauteque, I found these:



These are just plain blotting papers, no powder no mess. You can use these on your no makeup days where you get greasy, or when you're wearing makeup with no fear of the paper taking your foundation or other makeup off. 

They've been a life safer on hot days when I get a little oily. Shine be gone!



So these are my favorite things for July. What products have caught your attention this month? 






2 comments:

  1. This is a great post Vonnie, love that little lip gloss, would love to pull that out of my pocket!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'But first.. Let me take a selfie*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...