26 July 2016

Review: 1004 Laboratory 100% From Nature Acai Berry 90 Protecting Ampoule

Before I discovered Korean skincare, ampoules and essences were a complete mystery to me. 

Thanks to the company 0.8L, I've had the opportunity to try several different ampoules, all of which I have reviewed on my Insta. For those who don't follow me there, I've decided to share the reviews here as well, and expand on them a bit since we only get a week of testing before we have to review for 0.8L. 

This beautiful ampoule is the 1004 Laboratory Acai Berry 90 Protecting Ampoule. 


First of all, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous with it's minimalism.



I had a really hard time reading what this said because of the font!


The bottle itself almost reminds me of an apothecary style, something you'd see in Harry Potter because of the handwriting font and the delicate little drawings. 

The bottle is glass and pretty heavy duty, and the cap/dropper is very well made. 

The product itself looks very thick in the bottle, but as soon as it hits the skin it feels much thinner. 


It does take a bit of time to fully absorb. Once it does it does leave the skin very soft and very moisturized. 


The right side of my hand has the product on it and even now, hours later, feels very soft and silky while the side that didn't get the ampoule feels rather scratchy in comparison. 


I think the main draw to this product is the Acai berry that is chock full of antioxidants plus vitamins and omega acids. Rather than just water, they jam packed this product with 90% acai berry extract. This makes it a super anti-aging product. 

It also has three main moisturizing ingredients: trehalose, beta-glucan, and hydrolized hyaluronic acid. 

As if it couldn't sound any better, it's organic and not tested on animals. 

The scent isn't bad at all, though it's not richly fragrant like most of the facial creams that I use. I suppose earthy would be the best way I can describe it, with a slight tartness. I'm not sure what an Acai berry smells like exactly so I can't say if it is what this smells like. It almost smells like there is alcohol in it, but according to CosDNA I can't find anything of that nature in the ingredients list. Everything on there is moderately safe, as a matter of fact. 

Ingredients: 
 Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract (90%), Glycerin, Water, Niacinamide, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Fruit Extract, Angelica Archangelica Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract, Usnea Barbata Extract, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit extract, Blueberry Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Argania spinosa Kernel oil, Glyceryl polyacrylate, Octyldodeceth-16, Arginine, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Adenosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lemon Peel Oil, Citrus arantium dulcis, Citrus Paradisi Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia Oil, Gardenia jasminoides Ellis, Dextrin, Citric Acid


After my first initial week of using the product, I didn't see very much of a difference as far as wrinkle care goes. I did see reduction of appearance in some of my acne scars. 

That said, I did have some irritation on the more sensitive parts of my face, so from that first night on I only used it on my cheeks (except cheekbones right below my eye), forehead, parts of my nose, chin, and jawline down my neck, carefully avoiding any sensitive spot and using a different ampoule product there for soothing. 


While I won't put this product into the holy grail of products category, I will say that I did enjoy adding this into my routine. When I need the extra brightening or boost of moisture without oil this is the product I'll be reaching for.


Rating: 



4/5

 



Major thanks to 0.8L for sending me this product to review. 

Are you a member yet? Join up at 08liter.com and get in on the fun! 




Thanks for reading! Don't forget to share and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...