27 December 2016

Dear 2016, Please Stop

2016 seriously has absolutely no chill. 

Today we lost not only a great actress, but an advocate for mental health. 


For me, growing up, Carrie was an icon. What little girl didn't want to be Princess Leia? (I'll admit, I went through a phase where I wanted to be Lando Calrissian- don't judge me 😝)

As I got older I saw how she was very outspoken about her struggles with her own bipolar diagnosis. Knowing that she was her own best advocate makes me want to fight even harder for my own mental health, to fight for better funding for mental health awareness and treatment.  

She will be greatly missed by many. 

She is now one with the Force. 

Tonight I will start a marathon of the Star Wars movies. 



Another death that I am overly shocked about was George Michael. 


It was completely out of the blue and unexpected. 

He is another artist that I grew up listening to. I completely wore out my Wham! cassette tapes as a kid, haha. I personally find his solo work rather timeless. I'm still without words to know that he's gone, at such a young age. 

To wrap up tonight I'm going to share a few of my favorite George songs. 

I love Fast Love because it's got a good chill vibe to it. At the time I first heard it the lyrics really struck me and fit who I was at the time. 



This song always brings tears to my eyes because I love both Elton John and George. This version is from Live Aid. Elton originally recorded the song in 1974 but I love this duet. 



My all time favorite has to be Careless Whisper. When I saw this song is timeless, it was released thirty two years ago and it's still just as relevant today as it was when it was first released. It's got amazing lyrics, music, and it just hits me right in the feels. 



This year has really been a doozie when it comes to celebrity deaths. It better not take Betty White from me. I love that woman something fierce. She's got so much fire!

How has your 2016 been? Has it treated you well? Are you just ready for it to be all over like I am? 

Bring on 2017 already!






Thanks for reading! Don't forget to share and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated! Talk to me!

Please do not only pitch your blog - all such comments will be reported as spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...